Wait Time Alliance. (2011). Time out!: Report card on wait times in Canada, June 2011. Retrieved from http://www.waittimealliance.ca/media/2011reportcard/WTA2011-reportcard_e.pdf.
“It is now time to discuss the renewal of the 2004 Health Accord that is due to expire in 2014. The 2004 Accord devoted considerable attention to improving access to timely care for Canadians. It promised significant reductions in wait times and provided $41 billion in ongoing funding…
The WTA report card contains five sections:
- Grading the original five “priority areas” to government benchmarks, including a five-year assessment;
- Grading beyond the five “priority areas” using WTA benchmarks;
- Grading provincial wait-time websites;
- The impact of alternate levels of care (ALC) stays on wait times;
- Highlighting WTA members’ ongoing work to mitigate, measure, monitor, and manage wait times.”