Short, R. (2011). Fixing patient flow issues. Executive Insight. Retrieved from http://healthcare-executive-insight.advanceweb.com/Features/Articles/Fixing-Patient-Flow-Issues.aspx.
“What’s the key to staying above water in an environment of increasing demand and decreasing reimbursements? Patient throughput (is) key in mitigating potential financial risks…” The following lessons illustrate how one organization addressed its patient flow issues:
- Technology Brings Needed Momentum;
- Technology Can’t Be the Cure;
- Process Change and Culture Change Go Hand-in-Hand;
- Identifying Where You Can Create Capacity;
- Preparing for the Long-term Effects of Reform.