READ uses a controlled vocabulary to tag and index posts. This means that pre-selected, preferred terms are used to organize posts into browsable and accessible categories. The following list contains all preferred terms currently in use and some non-preferred terms synonyms with notes indicating the correct term.
To search for resources that are categorized with specific tags, click the link from the list of tags below.
- USE: when a word is followed by (USE: ) it indicates the term is non-preferred term. Instead please use the preferred term which follows USE.
- UF: stands for “Use For” and has an reciprocal relationship with USE, (i.e. use the preferred term for the following non-preferred terms).
- RT: stands for “Related Term” and indicates another preferred term with a similar meaning (e.g. Benchmarking and Performance indicators are both preferred terms which refer to similar subject matter).
- BT: stands for “Broader Term” and indicates that a preferred term is located beneath another broader term in a hierarchy (e.g. Nurses and Health care workers).
- NT: stands for “Narrower Term” and indicates that another, more specific term exists below it in a hierarchy.