Hockel, D. (2011). 6 Capital Equipment Purchasing Considerations. Executive Insight. Retrieved from http://healthcare-executive-insight.advanceweb.com/Features/Articles/6-Capital-Equipment-Purchasing-Considerations.aspx
Healthcare providers are searching for ways to wisely invest in capital equipment that positively impacts patient care and the bottom line. Here are six points to consider when engaging in the capital equipment investment process:
- Consider In-Sourced Service Models: One of the primary areas often overlooked for savings opportunities or potential expense reduction is service contracts.
- Manage Equipment Through Extended Warranties
- Make Medical Devices A Biomed Purchase
- Don’t Overspend on Equipment Extras
- Partner With a Vendor-Neutral Third Party